Crafty Invites to a fictional dinner

November 06, 2015

I thought today I'd share with you my latest crafty feat.
My friends and I are planning a murder mystery party which, may I say when it came to adapting a small party so that it would work for 30+ people is not an easy task. I have to confess I didn't have a lot to do with character creation or evidence development so when the opportunity came to making fancy invitations for the fictional characters dinner party to go with their character instructions, I gave myself willingly.


I have to say I wasn't originally very happy with how these looked to be turning out (that mid creation blues) but with some tweaking of my original plan I ended up with these. Which aren't perfect, (if I'd had my way the printing would have been clearer but that required a whole new printer. The mounting would have been nicer to but I stupidly had assumed that I had the correct mounting glues at home.) but they're not bad.

The process;

Obviously if I could do calligraphy I would have handwritten the invitations but because that's still on my to do list I printed the words on vellum paper using 'Edwardian Script' from Word.
I then trimmed them down and stuck them to the 150x150mm card using a regular glue stick (which wasn't my first choice but was on a little bit of a deadline. Next time I would probably use glue tape.)

To make the outer I used doilies and spray painted them black then stuck to the card.


Ta Da! Pop in an envelope and send!

Are you doing anything crafty at the moment?

xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe